Thursday, January 21, 2016

Emulating Windows to Android – iXBT.com


News that power smartphones filling close to desktop solutions, has spread through the earth ball so many times that shamed the blast wave from the Tsar Bomb. At LG V10 memory as much as on the computer that I am typing this text. So what, let me ask you to spend all of these portable power? Of course, in emulation! Not enamelling and emulation, not confuse. Mupen64 I have tried, with an experimental version. And now it is the turn … the whole operating system!



 Of course, I’m not the first logical path thinking went, and at the moment there are several ways to emulate Windows on your smartphone. I look at each option in turn, and if all goes well, the highlight of the article on each working for me the way. At the moment, not so much.

QEMU. This is a free program with open source software emulates Intel x86. Gizmo powerful, cross-platform and is very popular in the West. On Android is not officially ported, and appeared in this article only due to the work of enthusiasts. However, their enthusiasm will not last long, and support on the ARM port ceased several years ago. Yes, the current version of the work, and rather fast. There is only one problem – Android 5.0 or higher is not supported, so the test port naked on my D802 I can not.

But I can test other applications, such as Limbo and BOCHS. Limbo – the same QEMU, but with the settings, simplifying start-up and make the program more friendly for the inexperienced user. BOCHS slightly different scheme works, but uses similar to QEMU SDL, resulting in a more stable, though less fast.



 Another possibility to emulate Windows – through ported to Android version of DosBox. It is the most time consuming and costly in terms of intellectual resources of the way, but for gaming it fits well. For example, in Diablo 2 you can play safely. Yes, and DosBox, without built OS, useful in the game plan so that its capabilities will have a separate article gash.

Emulate I will, of course, not in relation to recent versions like Windows 7, and old men – Windows 95/98 / XP. Test performance will be strictly from the very start operating according to the instructions, access to the network, as well as several games, both simple and heavy.

Tak as “naked» QEMU I try I can not, I give instructions on which you can install and run the application on their own. To get started you will need, actually, apk-file authored by a person with the nickname mamaich . After installing it is necessary to unpack the archive root folder of the SDL devices. Further, a folder is created svezheraspakovannoy sdl.conf file with the following contents:

/ sdl -L. -m 16 -boot c -hda 1Gb.img -usb -usbdevice tablet

Then you need to find an operating system image, rename it to 1Gb.img and move to folder SDL. Then we turn on the app itself … and pray that everything starts. To view the need to connect a mouse and keyboard, but some versions of Windows, assembled specifically for QEMU, tied the functionality rodent buttons change the volume.

I must admit I felt sorry for the first time in my life that went on Android 5. Two years ago, when I had to run Fallout 2 D802, I did it was through QEMU. Yes, he left after 10 minutes, but during that time I had a good lead to take a walk on the main square of San Francisco. Now I QEMU is not available, and fall back to the previous version of Android because of him I do not plan. It remains to hope that BOCHS, Limbo and DosBox I will not disappoint.
 
 
 

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment